JIRA Resolution

Hello,

We are currently configuring resolutions and are falling at the first hurdle.

How do we turn resolution on within our hosted JIRA?

Many thanks,

Andy

5 answers

1 accepted

1 votes

You should not need to do anything to a clean Jira to get resolution to work - it comes with a pre-set list of resolutions.

Bear in mind it only gets used when you are resolving or closing an issue - have you tried that yet?

Sorry, I didn't make myself totally clear.

Any issue we closed remains 'Unresolved'. It seems the resolved screen is turned off and we can't find how to turn it on.

0 votes
Joe Wai Tye Atlassian Team Jun 23, 2014

Could you explain a bit further on where you are having difficulties? Also, what did you mean by 'turn resolution on'?

0 votes

Ah, right. Have a look at the workflow to start with. The "close" transition needs to have the resolution screen added to it, then it will pop-up as you try to close issues.

Note that "simplified workflows" sometimes seem to break this - they lose the screen and don't set the resolution properly when moving into "Done", but it is safe to add the screen back into them.

0 votes
Joe Wai Tye Atlassian Team Jun 23, 2014

Just to expand a bit on what Nic mentioned, you would have to set the transition view for the transition that closes the issue (usually either 'Resolve Issue' or 'Close Issue'). I'd recommend that you take a look into these documentations for more information :

Thank you both for your help with this. All sorted now!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,760 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot