JIRA Resoltion / Assigned To Me Not Working

Brian Baumgartner January 8, 2018

My System Dashboard uses the "Assigned To Me" gadget, but it only shows 1 project (out of several).  Specifically, it is not showing 1 of my projects in this gadget that I would like it to.  I ran an Issue Search for all "Unresolved" issues in that project and none came up.  I checked the Resolutions in the system settings and the status types associated with the project are "To Do" and "In Progress."  I also looked for a Custom Field called Resolution and didn't see one/changed some settings around as a trial but it did not solve the problem.  I can't find a reason that my tickets are considered resolved and am running out of places to look...

UPDATE: I've been playing with more settings and have found that the Resolution is not changing as issues step through their workflow (ie Resolved, Cancelled, etc tickets that should have a Resolution still say "Unresolved").  I can add a function to manually change this when an issue is transitioned from Work In Progress to one of the resolved states, but in other projects this happens automatically AND probably more important: since the tickets are showing that they are Unresolved, they should be showing up in my filters/dashboard (right?).

2 answers

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2018

Hello,

If you are on Jira Server / Data Center try to reindex your Jira instance

Is there a specific action after which I should re-index?  I re-indexed the whole system a couple of times to no avail.  :(

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2018

You can find information when you should reindex your Jira instance here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/re-indexing-after-major-configuration-changes-861253858.html

But in your case it does not help.

0 votes
KellyW
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2018

Few things come to mind:

• Permission -- the issues might be assigned to you but your user account/ group may not have the permission to browse project [Project settings >> Permissions >> Browse Projects]
  • Workflow -- ensure that there are no Post Function that fixate certain values to the Resolution field during transition that result that no issues in "Unresolved" state

Permissions look okay.

There are some Post Function items that occur, but nothing that looks like it would mess with the resolution field...in fact, I've been playing with more settings and have discovered that the resolution is not changing with the transitions from status to status (ie Work In Progress and Closed tickets show a resolution of Unresolved).  I will add more information on this to the original post.

Suggest an answer