JIRA-Report showing the time for the first response

Ladina Fonseca November 9, 2016

Hello together

I am looking for a way how I can create a report that shows for the whole team the time to first response on a customer request.

The goal is that we contact the customer within 4 hours. The report should show the number of issues fullfilled (response within 4 hours) and the number of issues not fullfilled (response within 4 hours).  Asfirst response there should be only counted an personal message to the customer.

The JIRA chartin Plugin is installed. However I have troubles to make use of it for this report.

Thank you for your answers and support already in advance.

Best regards
Ladina

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2016

Ladina, 

I was playing around with this and believe the following is the way to go. However, in the brief time I worked on it I did hit an issue that I have yet to explain. You will see this as you read on...

1. Create a new SLA "Time to 1st Response". Use Start on Issue created and stop on Comment: for customers. The stop function is what i could not get to work. for whatever reason when i added a comment and shared it w/ the customer the SLA kept ticking. sad I'm sure there is something i'm overlooking but not obvious. If it does not in fact stop on the comment then you can look at using a different stop event or even create a CF "1st Response" that is a date field and have the agent set when they respond or maybe a post function to set.
  2. Create a filter - project = xyz AND "Time to 1st response" !=breached() and resolution != unresolved. Or something similar to achieve your specific metric/goal
  3. Optionally use the above filter on a dashboard gadget, e.g. pie chart, 2D table, etc.

let me know if you get this working.

Suggest an answer