JIRA - Remote Issue links in Issue Navigator

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2012

Hi all,

We are using JIRA 5.0 and as you probably know in this version it is possible to add remote issue links like Confluence page to an issue..

My quesion is very simple..

I know that it is possible to view related issues in the Issue Navigator using Linked Issues field, but this do not view other remote links, url, .. only JIRA issues..

Is it possible to view somehow this information and also export this to Excel/Word?

Thank you for your support!

Regards,

Mirek

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2012

Hi all,

Thank you all for looking into this problem..

Atlassian confirmed and created a new feature request to track this. Below is the URL:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-29072

I think that this could be very good option. If someone is interested in having this in JIRA please vote for this ticket.

Thanks!

Mirek

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2012

Hi Mirek,

The solution Kiran gave is for the linked issues. Unfortunatelly it isn't possible to see the remote links because they can be whatever outside Atlassian.

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 19, 2012

Hi Ramiro,

You are right.. Links can be added to any site you want, but is this an issue in this case? In my opinion this information should be also included on the Issue Navigator in the same way as linked issues to other JIRA tickets.. it is only a link and I think it must be somewere stored, right? If this is stored in a similar way as JIRA issues links (database?) then why not put this information in the Issue Navigator and make possible to export to Excel (to use outside JIRA).

What do you think?

-Mirek

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2012

I don't that maybe that would a great option! The problem is that it's easy to show links between issues because you only need to show the other issue, but showing an URL is more difficult because it can be very long... And I think the issue navigator is made for simplicity and 'speed'.

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 23, 2012

I agree that Issue Navigator should be simple and quick. On the other hand.. Link column is not added by default.. If someone is configuring columns to match his need then he is aware that this could work a little bit slower.. In my opinion everything that is visible on View Issue screen should be also available for export and in Issue Navigator..

0 votes
Kiran
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 18, 2012

Hi Mirek,

You could view the remote issues linked to an given issue in the issue navigator by following with below steps:

1. Go to Issue Navigator and search for some issue.

2. Click on Tools Cog Wheel in the Top-Right (See image) of the page and from the menu choose "Configure Columns"

3. On the Configure Columns page, from the "Add New Column" drop-down choose "Linked Issues" column and click ADD. Your Issue Navigator now has a column named Link which list all issue that are linked to a given issue.

4. Now to export it to a excel, click the View Menu next to the Tools.

5. From the View menu, choose Excel. This is download an excel field containing all the issue in the search result with the fields on screen or all field based on what you choose.

This option only lists the JIRA Issue linked and not the mentions in Confluence pages.

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 19, 2012

Hi Kiran,

Thank you very much for your response! Unfortunately as Ramiro mentioned below it is a way to view the link but only links to an issues. I was already aware of how to view the Linked Issues and my question was regarding that. I was hoping that there is a smilar field like Linked Links or something like this to show all links to confluence pages and other added..

-Mirek

Suggest an answer