JIRA - Remedy Intergration

mehala n
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2015

We are in the process of Integrating JIRA (5.2.10) and Remedy (bidirectional)  .

Need suggestion on the implementation methodology , Whether to go for REST API or SOAP based webservices.

Please suggest.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2015

Use REST, Atlassian deprecated SOAP in version 5 (no more work being done on its functionality), and the current plan is to drop it completely in version 7

0 votes
mehala n
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2015

Thank you Nic.

Could you please help to have a start .Steps to  create an issue in JIRA DB using REST API?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2015
mehala n
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 18, 2015

Nic, Iam trying to Test REST APIs from the Application UI. Unable to run atlas-run Verified System Plugins and the REST Plugin is available. Tried to run atlas-run at : /cm_apps/cmadmin/jira5/jirahome/plugins/.bundled-plugins atlassian-rest-module-compat25-5.2.10.jar jira-rest-plugin-5.2.10.jar Can you please help to get the REST API Browser? Thank you

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 18, 2015

Why are you trying to use atlas-run at that level? You should be running it at the root of your installation or addon, where the pom.xml is located. The .jar files are of absolutely no interest to you, you need to be looking at a whole running JIRA. If you're running it correctly, then go into JIRA and check that REST is enabled in admin -> general and that you have a user with at least read access to JIRA that you can test with.

mehala n
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 18, 2015

I have JIRA(5.2.10) running properly ,have administrator access.But Not able to see the admin -> general or REST Browser in Administration. Please let me know if Iam checking in wrong page. I .

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 19, 2015

If you can't see admin -> general configuration, or the REST browser, then you are not logged in as an administrator. You need to check this as an admin

mehala n
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 25, 2015

Nic, Checked with Administaror role. Not able to see REST Browser in Admin.But Admin ->general configuration option is avaialble. In Atlassian doc it says that the RAB is a plugin inside the SDK that allows you to browse through all of the REST API modules installed on a given Atlassian product. In Another doc I read as "The REST plugin is bundled with JIRA. " Can you please clarify if I need to install Atlassian Developer Toolbox explicity to use REST API Browser through JIRA UI? Thank you Do I need to Download and install the latest version of the Atlassian Developer Toolbox Plugin ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 25, 2015

Oh, I'm sorry, I got my versions muddled up. Yes, you do need to install the RAB in version 5. It became bundled into JIRA in 6.0 if I remember correctly. Sorry about that.

mehala n
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 26, 2015

Thank you very much Nic for your inputs. Can I follow the below link for prerequities? https://developer.atlassian.com/docs/getting-started/set-up-the-atlassian-plugin-sdk-and-build-a-project/set-up-the-sdk-prerequisites-for-linux-or-mac Also could you pls suggest me the link for downloading and setting up RAB in JIRA 5.2.10.? Thank you.

mehala n
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 26, 2015

I have Oracle Solaris 10 8/11 and java version - 1.6.0_85.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 26, 2015

I'd try the marketplace first - go into Jira, fire up the "manage addons" and search for REST browser - you should be able to install it and then use it immediately.

Suggest an answer