JIRA Query taking long hrs

santosh reddy October 31, 2013

We notice the following query taking longer time around 2hrs to finish

SELECT JIRAISSUE.ID FROM JIRAISSUE JIRAISSUE INNER JOIN JIRAACTION ACTION ON JIRAISSUE.ID = ACTION.ISSUEID WHERE (JIRAISSUE.PROJECT IN (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)) AND (ACTION.AUTHOR IN (?)) ORDER BY ACTION.CREATED DESC

Want to understand when this query will be invoked in JIRA, is there any specific gadgets or JIRA app invoking this query.

Please provide your thoughts

5 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2013

It looks like one of your users has created a search for "all issues with comments in a long list of projects". You should ask them to stop

0 votes
santosh reddy November 12, 2013

Thanks looks like the "Assigned to me" gadget on the users dashboard is triggering this query

0 votes
santosh reddy November 7, 2013

I get this query from several users in the organization to pin point one particular user and when i checked one of their dashboard, theya re pulling reports on a particular project.

does any jira internal code make this call?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2013

No, that's why we're looking at users - the internals won't do this, but the users can.

0 votes
santosh reddy November 6, 2013

Hi Nic,

I was checking the user dashboards and they are specific to a project does any gadget you are aware of internally make this call.

does "assigned to me" gadget make this call?

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2013

It is possible based upon the query which looks like find reporter (which could be yourself) in these projects.

0 votes
santosh reddy October 31, 2013

Thanks Nic, I will check their dashboards,

Suggest an answer