JIRA Queries

Pradeep Mathew October 24, 2017

1. Three Dimensional filters – For example if I was trying to create a gadget which shows the progress of our Automation. My requirement is to display the gadget like this
Total test cases in that project / release = 300, Candidate for Automation = 200, Automated = 100, Will I be able to achieve something in below format ? in the form of chart or tabular ?

Test Cases Count
Total testcases 300
Candidate for Automation 200
Automate 100

2. Can we add few more gadgets to the list which is available now. If JIRA customizable like that ?
3. Is there any way to bring in the Reports available in JIRA to the gadget section so that we can include those in our dashboards. For example : Velocity chart ?
4. Is Zephyr the test management suite (JIRA Plugin) available with our current JIRA license ? If yes can you please grant Umesh and myself the access to do a small POC ?
5. Is there a way to export the dashboard to PPT or Excel or anyother format as a report. 
6. Is there a way to have cumilative reports mening list of reports in one template and exported accordingly.
7. Is there a way to Email the dashboad or report to a mailing list or person
8. PDF View Plugin for Jira (PDF Exporter) - Is this plugin available with our license . Is this cost involved . If not please incorporate the same.

3 answers

0 votes
Pradeep Mathew August 21, 2018

if the data is there how can we do a three dimensional filter for automation, can you please elaborate

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2017

Most of Nic's answer is correct, but I'd add some corrections.

As I am one of the developer of the PDF View app mentioned here, I should have more precise information for these:

5. You can export dashboards to PDF: http://www.midori-global.com/products/jira-pdf-view-plugin/documentation/dashboards

6. If you want export multiple dashboards to the same PDF, then PDF View allows that.

7. Yes, you can automate this: http://www.midori-global.com/products/jira-pdf-view-plugin/documentation/automation#dashboards

8. This is a paid app, you can purchase a license from Atlassian Marketplace.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 24, 2017

This is a community of end users who try to help each other out, not Atlassian or a sales forum.

But to take a quick swipe:

1. Yes, if you set up your data correctly
  2. Yes, with add-ons
  3. Yes
  4. Technically, we could say we have no idea because you haven't told us what you have.  However, Zephyr is available for Cloud and Server, so the answer is Yes.  You'll need to talk to your admins about a Proof of Concept.
  5. There are a couple of add-ons that do that
  6. This doesn't make sense, sorry.  My best guess is that you probably want to do a dashboard and then use the option from the previous question.
  7. No
  8. Same as the Zephyr question, but there are many PDF add-ons you might mean and some might not support your system

Suggest an answer