JIRA Project Role Tab

Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2013

We just upgraded to JIRA 6 today and to the latest JIRA Project Role. I noticed that the role tab that used to show for all our users now only shows in the admin section. How do I get it back for all users? Or did it move somewhere I'm not looking?

I did read the note about the latest:

Since v2.0.0 only project roles are shown, which have Browse Projects permission in the permission scheme assigned to the project. Also only users with Browse Users permission from global permissions get access to the tab to show the project role assignments.

I verified that our permission scheme has Browse Project set to "Anyone" and the global permission for Browse User set to "Anyone." Anyone have any leads?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Holger Schimanski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2013

Here is a screenshot from JIRA 6.0 showing the JIRA Project Role tab. https://dq1dnt4af4eyy.cloudfront.net/files/jira.plugin.projectrole.projectroletab/screenshots/d412307f-6f9a-4454-972d-304f7f49ec6c.jpeg

You need to assign project roles to Browse Project permission. "Anyone" is not a project role. These roles are then shown in the tab. (Is no role assigned to Browse Project permission, then the tab is not shown at all, because it would be empty. That's why it is completely missing for you at the moment.)

Cheers
Holger

Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 31, 2013

i suppose the "project role" idea was lost on me. now i understand. :)

Suggest an answer