[JIRA] Problem with the Sprint Report

Stéphane Monnot-Boudrant October 17, 2013

Hello,

Since a few sprints, the "Sprint Report" accumulates stories that does not belong to the current sprint, planned for future iterations.

We have tried to determine why those stories were added to the sprint report without success.

The problem is that sprint after sprint, more and more stories are added to the current sprint report in the "Issues not completed" section, making the report totally wrong.

The burndown graphe report shows the right information ; only the sprint report goes crazy.

We have noticed also that searching issues in the open sprint with JQL works fine too.

How could we fix this report ?

Thank you for your support.

Cheers.

Stéphane.

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Heather Treski November 13, 2013

Hi Stephane,

We are seeing the same issue in our Sprint Reports - stories and tasks are displaying under "Issues Not Completed" even though they were not brought into the Sprint on the start date or during the sprint time range.

We hope Atlassian addresses this as well. Do you know if a Support ticket has been opened yet?

Stéphane Monnot-Boudrant November 14, 2013

Hi Heather,

Not to my knowledge.

I could find a post around the web saying that version 6.2 should correct this bug. But I could not confirm this information at this stage. Maybe someone around will bring us a complementary information.

Stéph.

0 votes
William Weiner September 9, 2014

Any updates on this issue?  We are seeing it as well and using excel as a workaround (painful)

0 votes
Deleted user November 19, 2013

Thank you Stéphane! I will give that a try. Really frustrating otherwise!

0 votes
Deleted user November 13, 2013

Stephane,

I am experiencing the same problem. It looks like any item that has ever been returned to the backlog after being part of an earlier sprint is permanently parked in "Items Not Completed" - additionally, I think that these items are actually contributing to the burndown estimates!

I'm starting to wonder if I can get any value out of our burndown reports. We are adopting Agile newly, we just had our best velocity sprint yet, and the burndown chart makes it look like we only did 1/3rd of our intended tasks. Hopefully someone from Atlassian addresses this.

Stéphane Monnot-Boudrant November 14, 2013

Hi Andy,

As a workaround, what I do is I extract the content of the current sprint using JQL in an Excel spreadsheet. Then I manage the data outside JIRA to build my custom report. Not really efficient (no automatisation), but necessary....

0 votes
mwarton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2013

Hi Stephane

Not sure what is wrong, but if you need a replacement sprint report while Atlassian looks into it, check out our plugin Intelligent Reports. You can easily create a template in Microsoft Word and fill it in with exactly the data you need in your sprint reports, based on JQL queries and point and click rules. You can set up your report in 10 minutes and its free for 30 days.

Suggest an answer