[JIRA] Problem with the Sprint Report

Hello,

Since a few sprints, the "Sprint Report" accumulates stories that does not belong to the current sprint, planned for future iterations.

We have tried to determine why those stories were added to the sprint report without success.

The problem is that sprint after sprint, more and more stories are added to the current sprint report in the "Issues not completed" section, making the report totally wrong.

The burndown graphe report shows the right information ; only the sprint report goes crazy.

We have noticed also that searching issues in the open sprint with JQL works fine too.

How could we fix this report ?

Thank you for your support.

Cheers.

Stéphane.

5 answers

1 accepted

Hi Stephane,

We are seeing the same issue in our Sprint Reports - stories and tasks are displaying under "Issues Not Completed" even though they were not brought into the Sprint on the start date or during the sprint time range.

We hope Atlassian addresses this as well. Do you know if a Support ticket has been opened yet?

Hi Heather,

Not to my knowledge.

I could find a post around the web saying that version 6.2 should correct this bug. But I could not confirm this information at this stage. Maybe someone around will bring us a complementary information.

Stéph.

Hi Stephane

Not sure what is wrong, but if you need a replacement sprint report while Atlassian looks into it, check out our plugin Intelligent Reports. You can easily create a template in Microsoft Word and fill it in with exactly the data you need in your sprint reports, based on JQL queries and point and click rules. You can set up your report in 10 minutes and its free for 30 days.

Stephane,

I am experiencing the same problem. It looks like any item that has ever been returned to the backlog after being part of an earlier sprint is permanently parked in "Items Not Completed" - additionally, I think that these items are actually contributing to the burndown estimates!

I'm starting to wonder if I can get any value out of our burndown reports. We are adopting Agile newly, we just had our best velocity sprint yet, and the burndown chart makes it look like we only did 1/3rd of our intended tasks. Hopefully someone from Atlassian addresses this.

Hi Andy,

As a workaround, what I do is I extract the content of the current sprint using JQL in an Excel spreadsheet. Then I manage the data outside JIRA to build my custom report. Not really efficient (no automatisation), but necessary....

Thank you Stéphane! I will give that a try. Really frustrating otherwise!

Any updates on this issue?  We are seeing it as well and using excel as a workaround (painful)

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

64 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you