JIRA Problem with Migration from Server to Cloud

Samuel Torres December 11, 2017

Ive recently migrated from Jira Server to Jira Cloud.

Ive been able to restore my data and it shows up in the cloud but when i import my attachments, the link inside the the issues does not work.

2 answers

0 votes

Do you have any instructions on how to write that script. im still new to the system.

Do you have any documentation

Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2017

If you only have a few Jira Projects, just move the attachments around manually. All you need to do is create the 10000 directory inside the attachments/KEY directory, then move all directories that are already in the KEY directory in to the 10000 directory.

To further clarify, when you create a Project in Jira, you assign it a key. Each issue number is a combination of the key and a sequential number that increments as each new issue is created. For example, if you have a Project that has a key JRA, your directory structure will look like this:

attachments/JRA/JRA-123

attachments/JRA/JRA-124

You need to create

attachments/JRA/10000

and move the subdirectories in to the 10000 directory

attachments/JRA/10000/JRA-123

attachments/JRA/10000/JRA-124

Are you talking about the server part or the cloud.

Sorry if im asking but i have no idea what you are talking about.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2017

You can't do that on Cloud, Dave is talking about the server side.

But if im migrating to the cloud, how can i import the attachments.

Here is how my zip file looks like,

JIRA-data-12052017/data/attachments/CURRICULUM/10000/CURRICULUM-X

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 11, 2017

That looks right to me.  You upload the zipped file when you tell Cloud to restore the files.

Will i need to import the backup with the attachments or separate. in the cloud restore option you have "Begin Import" and "Import Attachments" as well.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 11, 2017

Have a look through https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/migrating-from-jira-server-to-jira-cloud-779160826.html - it goes into more detail than I can type quickly.

0 votes
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 11, 2017

Yeah.  We stumbled on to this bug recently with a client.

There was a change to the attachment directory structure in a recent version of Jira. Not sure where this change was made. The old format was as follows:

attachments/KEY/KEY-1234

When you access an issue that has an attachment, Jira changes the directory structure as follows:

attachments/KEY/10000/KEY-1234

Just write a little script to add the 10000 directory and move the attachment directories in to the 10000 directory.

Suggest an answer