JIRA Portfolio: trying to import existing issues reporting No Projects Available

castsoftgmas February 29, 2016

Hi,

Just started evaluating JIRA Portfolio. Cannot import existing issues (which are already available under some of my projects) because of "No projects available" . Maybe I am missing some setting somewhere...

Thanks,

Calin Sandru

2 answers

0 votes
castsoftgmas March 1, 2016

Thanks Martin,

I went with Live Plans and I was able to find my existing Epics and  Stories.

Tried to attach a couple pictures for what I got but obtained a HTTP error. It was not exactly an error...just the "No Projects Available" text shown in gray in the middle of the "Import Existing Issues" dialog where the issues to select for importing were supposed to be displayed.

Thanks again,

Calin

0 votes
Martin Suntinger
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 1, 2016

Hey Calin, this will be tricky to troubleshoot without more details as to which error your are exactly seeing, and where in the process, maybe you can add screenshots of where exactly you don't get anything? 

Another route you could try is the new Live Plans - with Portfolio 1.12 they are available (in labs mode), on Server and also on Cloud - they make the integration / loading of issues much easier. If you see the Live Plan option in the plan creation menu just follow along with the wizard steps (Portfolio > Create Plan > select Live Plans) - if they don't show up for you yet please check the Portfolio permissions (Portfolio > Administration > Portfolio Permissions) and make sure you got "Access to Labs features" set for either the same user group as Portfolio Users, or a specific group you are part of that should be able to test it. 

Here's more details on Live Plans: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfoliocloud/live-plans-labs-802170615.html

Suggest an answer