JIRA Portfolio just a forecasting tool?

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2016

HI All

We are trialling the portfolio for jIRA plugin. What we observed is that the portfolio plan is not linked in any way to the underlying JIRA data. in other words, i cannot build my portfolio plan based on my actual data on jira.

e.g.

• an assignee on JIRA issue is not sync'ed to the Members on the issue on Portfolio plan.
  • The agile sprints on the underlying jira-agile does not show up on the portfolio plan
  • An issue in Sprint 2 say on jira-agile does not set the same issue in sprint 2 on portfolio plan.

Is portfolio just a forecasting tool or can i customise it to use it as project management tool too?

My version of portfolio is 1.12.4 hosted on JIRA 7.1

Rahul

1 answer

1 vote
María
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2016

Hello Rahul,

I would recommend you to install the latest Portfolio for JIRA 2.0, which offers seamless integration with JIRA Software.

Discover the new plans here.
Watch the full demo
Classic plans vs 2.0 plans comparison here

-Please make sure that your linked issue source is a board otherwise, you won't be able to see the sprints. Find out more about connecting to boards here.
-There is a setting that determines at which hierarchy level issue assignees are considered. Check out our docs.

Kind Regards,

María Mallorquín
Portfolio for JIRA Tech Writer 

Suggest an answer