JIRA Portfolio just a forecasting tool?

HI All

We are trialling the portfolio for jIRA plugin. What we observed is that the portfolio plan is not linked in any way to the underlying JIRA data. in other words, i cannot build my portfolio plan based on my actual data on jira.

e.g.

• an assignee on JIRA issue is not sync'ed to the Members on the issue on Portfolio plan.
  • The agile sprints on the underlying jira-agile does not show up on the portfolio plan
  • An issue in Sprint 2 say on jira-agile does not set the same issue in sprint 2 on portfolio plan.

Is portfolio just a forecasting tool or can i customise it to use it as project management tool too?

My version of portfolio is 1.12.4 hosted on JIRA 7.1

Rahul

1 answer

1 votes

Hello Rahul,

I would recommend you to install the latest Portfolio for JIRA 2.0, which offers seamless integration with JIRA Software.

Discover the new plans here.
Watch the full demo
Classic plans vs 2.0 plans comparison here

-Please make sure that your linked issue source is a board otherwise, you won't be able to see the sprints. Find out more about connecting to boards here.
-There is a setting that determines at which hierarchy level issue assignees are considered. Check out our docs.

Kind Regards,

María Mallorquín
Portfolio for JIRA Tech Writer 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,932 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot