JIRA Portfolio for Resource Management

Jayaprakash Ramsaran December 5, 2014

Hello there,
I am evaluating JIRA portfolio to determine whether we can use it for resource management. I have created Sample JIRA Portfolio Plan. What should I do to answer the following questions in the Sample JIRA Portfolio Plan?

1. What project George from the Beatles team (sample JIRA Portfolio plan) will work in a particular month/week?
2. What is George (Beatles Team) utilization in the month of April 2015?
3. How much is George available in month of April 2015?
4. Is there any developer with a particular skill available in the month of April 2015?

Please advise.

2 answers

0 votes
Andrew Gonsalves March 4, 2015

I have these and similar questions. JIRA Portfolio seems to assume that I want to get everything done ASAP. But what I really want to do is schedule a task and spread it out over a set period of time. I want to use this leeway to forecast capacity over time because all of my start dates and deadlines have external determinants.

0 votes
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2015

These are very good questions but perhaps only Atlassian has the experience right now to answer them

Suggest an answer