JIRA Portfolio and Critical Path

Rowland Watkins October 15, 2014

Hi,

Can JIRA Portfolio analyse the critical path with respect to 'blocking' tasks and sub-tasks? It would be helpful if there was a way to reason about this in the planning process. 

2 answers

9 votes
Martin Suntinger
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 30, 2014

There are currently no capabilities that would allow to surface such blocking tasks and subtasks to the Portfolio level. I've turned this into a feature suggestion as it would me a very strong addition to the offering - please vote and comment here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JPO-124  

yuliya grzmehle October 2, 2018

Hi,

I' m interested in this feature too. Is it already possbile to get the view for the critical path?

Thanks in advance,

Alfredo GIMENEZ-MILLAN June 14, 2019

Hi,

As time goes by and last comment is from 2014, is there any update to share? 

The critical path vs. uncompleted task analysis would be very powerful. The simple analysis on uncompleted tasks is not enough, as we want to concentrate on those that are really impacting the project (critical path).

Surely, it is for the application of JIRA to business projects (mechanical development), where critical path is more easily identifiable as tasks are defined by template.

Thanks for your support,

Alfredo

Like # people like this
2 votes
Sylvester Di Diego June 25, 2019

Agreed. Visual dependency sequencing of uncompleted tasks would be a powerful tool (even if there are incomplete user story sizes to make a true critical path).

Sincerely

Syl

Suggest an answer