JIRA Portfolio Plan View - Created Inititiatives disappear from Plan upon Commit

Alex Lee June 7, 2016

Hello!

I've got two projects that I want to roll up into a Portfolio Plan. One project is the Analyst Team and the other is the Development Team.

Since the overarching Backlog/plan for this team is separate, I've created a "Programs Team" project as a home for the Initiative and Epic issues (it's not really appropriate for these to live in the individual Team projects)

I then created my Program Team Backlog Plan. I connected the Plan to the three discussed Projects (Programs Team, Dev Team, Analyst Team) , no relevant Release (not using this feature). Kept the Dev Team and Analyst Team but removed the Program Team Team (as this doesn't really exist). Deletion of the Program Team Team and not seeing Program Team Initiatives seems like a red flag.

Still on the Plan view, I went through an added our 17 initiatives and it seemed to be working well. I assigned each one to the Programs Team Project.

I then selected the "Commit Changes" option, and it worked through this successfully.

As soon as this completed, however, my inititatives all disappeared from the Plan view. I went to the Programs Team Project and each of the "Initiative" issues is listed there.

Rather than this being a bug, I believe I've just made a mistake in my set up or implementation of the plan. I recreated the Plan while keeping the Program Team Team and that changed nothing.

I've looked at a few questions here:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/11080806

Getting "The current scheduling result does not contain any initiatives." in Jira Portfolio

But none of these questions or their fixes seem to address what I'm dealing with.

Plus... the error message is "There is no inititative in the current result set." and the word is spelled Initiative so that's made searching even trickier.

Thanks for the help!

2 answers

0 votes
Alex Lee June 8, 2016

Thanks for getting back to me: 

1. Resolving the hidden fix version field resolved this issue

0 votes
Rhys Christian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 7, 2016
Hey Alex,
There are a couple of likely causes for this
  • Firstly, this could be related to a bug we’re aware of with hidden fix version fields (JPO-1283). You mentioned that you’re not using the releases feature so do you also happen to hide the Fix version/s field in your JIRA field configuration?
    If this is the case then your issue can be resolved by enabling fix version field for that issue type. There are multiple integration points that rely on this field so if it is hidden in JIRA then Portfolio can’t access it.

• Alternatively could you please explain how you’ve sourced your issues into the plan? - Did you use a filter or a board with a filter?
    If you used a filter that queries with a field value then creating and committing new issues from Portfolio will not set that field value. Issues will therefore not be available in the filter and will disappear from the plan.

Please let us know if our suggestions haven't resolved your issue so we can investigate further.

Thanks

Jeroen Thoelen March 19, 2018

Hi, 

I have the same problem for my Portfolio plan. Sometimes Initiatives disappear and sometimes they do not. Is there some clearance on when initiatives disappear from the scope view? 

Regarding your 2 causes:

- Fix version is not hided

- as sources I've used 2 projects (Not board) 

I do not see a solution myself. 

Suggest an answer