JIRA Portfolio - Capacity planning

Davor August 24, 2017

Can some one please explain to me, i have 2 sprints in JIRA and in JIRA Portfolio i get 6 or more. 

One more thing how can i change planned capacity of sprint inside JIRA Portfolio

And what do i need to do to change sprints inside JIRA portfolio, because now i get this message:

Source for team 'name Team' is not a board.
If you want to select a sprint, first set the board containing the sprints as the associated source for the team in the team view.

1 answer

1 vote
Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 27, 2017

Hi @Davor Sedlan,

Portfolio simulates future sprint to help visualise planned, those sprints are not actually created. When assigning sprints from Portfolio you will only be able to manually assign an issue to a sprint existing in JIRA.

From your other question, I would assume you do not see any of your 2 created sprints as your Plan issue sources do not contain a JIRA Board.

Your current issue source(s) are probably either Projects or JQL Filters. You can update your plan issue sources in the plan configuration (see: Configuring plan settings - Source data)

Cheers,

thomas

Jeroen Thoelen March 27, 2018

Hi @Thomas

I have the same problem. 

I receive the same warning "If you want to select a sprint, first set the board containing the sprints as the associated source for the team in the team view." 

If I change my issue source in portfolio configuration from "project" to "Board", will this affect my current Portfolio plan? And what exactly will be affected? 

Jeroen

Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 27, 2018

Hi @Jeroen Thoelen,

Jira boards are based on a Jira JQL Filter, you can have a look at your board's filter in your board configuration.

If that filter includes the same issues than a "Project = A" filter which would be the behavior for a project issue source, then the only difference in your plan will be that you will see that board's sprint in your Plan.

If the board's JQL is more specific (e.g. "Project = A AND component = B") then the plan might contain less issues if you use this issue source, but if you consider your scrum team being the only source of progress for your plan, if they do not have those issues in their board they will likely never work on those.

As for the warning message, be sure that in your plan, in the team section, all your teams are associated with an issue source. This will help Portfolio understand which team should work on which set of sprints.

Cheers,

Thomas 

Suggest an answer