JIRA Plugin - How to programmatically trigger an event when a certain time of day is met/exceeded

Ricardo Joseph
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2013

Hi,

I was wondering what would be the best approach programmatically to implement the below:

Every Monday, loop through specific projects and evaluate the last date and time an issue in the "Resolved" state was updated.

If it exceeds a certain value (e.g. 2 weeks of inactivity) transition the issue to "Closed".

Should this be a custom event?

If yes, please advise as to where I can find documentation covering this or a good example would be greatly appreciated.

If not, please detail what other solutions there are?

1 answer

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2013

you can do this using Jelly scripts, check this document for more information

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Jelly+Escalation

another way is by using script runner plugin, check this

https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Services

Ricardo Joseph
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 21, 2013

Thank you for the assistance,

So does this mean that there is no way to do this in Java?

In other words, perhaps create an IssueInactiveEvent that extends an AbstractEvent, add to Jira via some EventManager and then Jira dispatches the event to a listener when the condition is met (If someone does know how to do this, please do chime in).

I just want to know what all the options are before going forward with this :)

Suggest an answer