JIRA Pie Chart

Children Services IT June 20, 2013

Good morning.

Need to show JIRA Pie Chart using two values only (for example: 75, 25).

Every value has to use different filter.

Thank you.

4 answers

0 votes

Thanks everybody, I appreciate your time and effort to help me.

0 votes

My scenario:

Total project issue is 100.

There is a custom field MyCustomField1.

Project issue with MyCustomField1 equals "ABC" is 25.

Need to show :

"ABC" - 25%.

"Other" - 75%.

Thanks for your help.

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2013

you can achieve this if you have two distinct values "ABC" and "Other" in your Customfield. But I guess "Other" means all other values, then it is not possible , since each other value will have its own slice of the pie.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2013

I don't understand the requirement - what do you mean "using two values"? The point of a pie chart is that it gives you a breakdown of number of Xs that match Y in a given set of data (by definition, you can only use one filter - that's what gives you the data to report on, so I'm even more lost on that). Where would you expect your "two values" to be used in the chart?

0 votes

Need to show percents of project issues filter result count compare to project total issues count.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2013

I'm afraid I still don't get it - that reads to me, as "project issues" compare to "project issues"? Which is a 50:50 split under all circumstances.

If you mean something like "open issues vs closed issues", then you can't quite do it, but you can get close. Do a pie chart on "all issues in project" and select Status or Resolution for the reporting item. If you use Resolution, you'll get a simple "unresolved" wedge, but the others that make up "resolved" would be a bit messy. If you use Status, it's probably the other way around - several "open" and only one or two "closed" type status.

Randall Robertson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2013
Sounds like you want to display two pieces of information on every piece of the pie chart. Is that right? If so, do you want the information to come from two different filters?

Suggest an answer