JIRA Permissions

Chris S June 19, 2014

When creating a new project with new personnel, is there any way to only give select new people permission to the new project without having to go and change all other projects?

These has to be an easier way to do this.

Thanks,
Chris

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Frédéric Tardieu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2014

You can maybe create a user group dedicated to this project, then restrict project to this new group. I guess this is faster than changing all users permissions.

0 votes
Chris S July 2, 2014

Is there any way to do this by default? Or, so I need to create a new security scheme for every new project I create, it I want to restrict it members.

There has to be soe way to do this out of the box.

Chris

0 votes
Luciano Fagundes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 22, 2014

Chris

Maybe you can set up an issue security scheme for that project: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Issue-level+Security

Cheers

Luciano Fagundes

0 votes
Jessica_Moszkowicz June 22, 2014

If you have admin privileges, you can add specific users particular roles on the project. Go to administration->roles. You can add particular users here as well as groups of users.

0 votes
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 20, 2014

Chris, maybe you could create a new permission scheme exclusively for that project as well, and make it such that only the new personnel has permission in the new project using the new permission scheme.

Suggest an answer