JIRA Permissions

When creating a new project with new personnel, is there any way to only give select new people permission to the new project without having to go and change all other projects?

These has to be an easier way to do this.

Thanks,
Chris

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer

You can maybe create a user group dedicated to this project, then restrict project to this new group. I guess this is faster than changing all users permissions.

0 votes
Joe Wai Tye Atlassian Team Jun 20, 2014

Chris, maybe you could create a new permission scheme exclusively for that project as well, and make it such that only the new personnel has permission in the new project using the new permission scheme.

If you have admin privileges, you can add specific users particular roles on the project. Go to administration->roles. You can add particular users here as well as groups of users.

0 votes

Chris

Maybe you can set up an issue security scheme for that project: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Issue-level+Security

Cheers

Luciano Fagundes

Is there any way to do this by default? Or, so I need to create a new security scheme for every new project I create, it I want to restrict it members.

There has to be soe way to do this out of the box.

Chris

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

Implementing Jira in Small Business

Introduction This article will give insight on how a small software development department implemented Atlassian products to enhance and streamline the business process. The privately held company h...

302 views 2 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you