JIRA Performance

kanchana wijerathna July 17, 2016

We have significant performance problem in out 2000 user JIRA instance within last two months, we can see CPU spikes at around 10AM-12PM and complains about JIRA Slowness, at that time our users are having meetings and con calls which they used to update tickets on the fly. How we can resolve this ? we have Dual Quad Core 16GB HW

1 answer

0 votes
Tini Good
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2016

Have you gone through performance tuning instructions?  Java memory configuration was probably most useful for us. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/increasing-jira-application-memory-802592945.html 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/server-optimization-802593159.html

kanchana wijerathna July 21, 2016

i have checked this it is 4GB both initial and maximum. what is your suggestion to increasing numbers ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2016

Tini's pointers are good - I assume that you've worked through everything in there and come to the conclusion that more memory may be the best approach?  If so, then you should increase the maximum memory in small steps.  If you do large ones without checking, you can run into all sorts of other problems - a common symptom is to go from a slow system to a faster one that seems to effectively freeze for several seconds for all users several times a day.

For a 4Gb heap, I'd suggest increasing the maximum in steps of 256Mb

kanchana wijerathna August 2, 2016

Hi Nic,

Our minimum memory value is 4096MB, is there any issues with that ?

kanchana wijerathna August 3, 2016

Our minimum memory value is 4096MB, is there any issues with that ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2016

No

Suggest an answer