JIRA: Paste from clipboard in 6.4

This from the release notes for 6.4

Paste images - Previously if you had an attachment or image on your clipboard, you had to save it and add it to a JIRA comment or description as an attachment. Now, you can simply copy it directly to JIRA by using your keyboard shortcut or selecting "Copy" from the right-click menu.

For me, this isn't working on any of:

Firefox: 31.6

Chromium: 42.0

IE: 9

Is this down to browser versions?

2 answers

Hello John,

This kind of problem usually happens due to the environment from which the user is accessing JIRA rather than the JIRA server or JIRA itself, and this happens due to how the browser reacts to Java or what's being used. Basically, this applet uses Java that is installed in the machine that is accessing JIRA.

If that is the case, to avoid that, my suggestion would actually be to test the [Attach Image for JIRA|https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.plugins.jira-html5-attach-images] add-on, which basically offers pure HTML implementation that supports pasting images from system clipboard, hence replacing the usual Java applet. This has been since implemented by default in JIRA's latest version.

I'm looking at 6.4.6 and the release notes.

This product version is meant to support this feature; there is not mention of an Add-On.

I don't see a short-cut documented for it either.

Yours,

A confused user/admin smile

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira

We want to know what Jira Service Desk apps you're using!

Hi Community! My name is Amir and I’m on the Jira Service Desk product marketing team at Atlassian. Our team would love to understand how you’re leveraging our ecosystem for Jira Service Desk. Wha...

40 views 0 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you