JIRA PDF View Plugin not pulling the subtask information

Naren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2013

Hi,

I am evaluating the JIRA PDF View Plugin and I am trying to pull all the information (customfield values, links, change history, attachment) from the subtasks in parent issue's PDF view. I am using JIRA 4.0.1 for evaluating this plugin.

Is there any way to pull the subtask information in the PDF?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2013

Hi Naren!

Any issue can return its subtasks using the following getter:

Collection<Issue>  getSubTaskObjects()

Using that, the iteration in Velocity looks something like this:

# assume that you have the parent issue available in $issue
#foreach($subTask in $issue.subTaskObjects)
    <fo:block>$subTask.summary</fo:block>
#end

Naren
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2013

Thanks Ferenc. I am looking into it. But I am experiencing some errors while embedding attachments for issues by setting #set($embedAttachments = false).

Also I wanted to fetch the table grid data from cusomfield of type Table Grid Editor in the PDF format.

I am not able to embed the attachments or see the table grid view data in the PDF format due to following error. Can you please shed some information on this error.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: An error occurred whilst rendering this message. Please contact the administrators, and

inform them of this bug.

Details:

-------

org.apache.velocity.exception.ParseErrorException: Encountered "'environment', " at getEncodedBodyFromContent[line

250, column 180]

Was expecting one of:

"[" ...

"{" ...

<STRING_LITERAL> ...

"true" ...

"false" ...

<INTEGER_LITERAL> ...

<FLOATING_POINT_LITERAL> ...

<IDENTIFIER> ...

"{" ...

at org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeInstance.evaluate(RuntimeInstance.java:1203)

at org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeInstance.evaluate(RuntimeInstance.java:1165)

at org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine.evaluate(VelocityEngine.java:219)

at com.atlassian.velocity.JiraVelocityManager.getEncodedBodyForContent(JiraVelocityManager.java:81)

at com.midori.jira.plugin.pdfview.renderer.IssuePdfRendererImpl.renderVmToFo(IssuePdfRendererImpl.java:215)

at com.midori.jira.plugin.pdfview.renderer.IssuePdfRendererImpl.render(IssuePdfRendererImpl.java:130)

at com.midori.jira.plugin.pdfview.view.PdfIssueView.getContent(PdfIssueView.java:66)

at com.atlassian.jira.plugin.issueview.DefaultIssueViewURLHandler.handleRequest(DefaultIssueViewURLHandler.java:181)

at com.atlassian.jira.web.servlet.IssueViewServlet.doGet(IssueViewServlet.java:23)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:621)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:722)

Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2013

Naren,

Please open a ticket in our support tracker available at https://midori.zendesk.com/and attach your template. (If you are using the default template, then you don't have to attach that, just tell us if that's the case.)

1 vote
Andrey Markelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2013

Hi, you also try to use free add-on: https://bitbucket.org/amarkelov/andreymarkelov-atlas-plugins-templator/wiki/Home

and use

#foreach($subTask in $issue.getSubTaskObjects())
<anyblock>$subTask.summary</anyblock>
#end

Naren
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 19, 2013

I'll have a look at it, Andrey!

Suggest an answer