JIRA OnDemand storage status

Gabor Peter September 9, 2013

Dear Atlassian!

I understand the total storage is set to 25GB by default, however I don't see the used / free status on the System tab. Is there a place to see the status? If not, would it be possible to add it to the system preferences?

Do you plan to make any difference of the total allowed storage based on the subscription level / number of users? Would make sense to have more allowed storage if there are more users and obviously more projects in the system.

Thank you very much for your answers,

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2013

Hi Gabor,

At the moment, to check the status of your storage, you need to open a support case in support.atlassian.com requesting for it. There is currently no visualization, but customers close to their limit are notified to avoid surprises.

As far as I know, the allowed storage doesn't depend on the license / number of users but don't know what future plans might be regarding this.

Cheers!

0 votes
Gabor Peter September 10, 2013

Thank you for the answers!

I think a feature showing the current storage status would be very much useful, plus I have to agree to Hosang, the storage limit should reflect the subscription level.

0 votes
Hosang Lim September 10, 2013

Atlassian sales said to me, "The 25 GB limit is irrespective of your product configuration and user count. All instances are subject to the same storage limits, whether you're a 10 user evaluator or a 2000 user subscriber, everyone is treated equally."

I think this storage limit policy is unfair.

Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2013

What should we do if someone downgrades their license such that they're now well over the storage limit for their new subscription level?

Hosang Lim September 11, 2013

If a downgrade happens, you can charge an additional fee for the storage usage.

0 votes
Gabor Peter September 10, 2013

My question was more about where I can check the status of my storage.

Either a simple staistics showing the used / free amount of storage, or moreover to see which project is using how many space. For example if a company has 50 projects in JIRA and they reach the limit, it would be nice to know which project is eating up the most, and by archiving or removing outdated project how many space would free up.

0 votes
AgentSmith
Atlassian Team
September 10, 2013

25GB is correct, for all user-tiers. However, customers can purchase additional space if they wish per 1GB for $1 per month by contacting sales.

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer