JIRA OnDemand setup

Hakob Simonyan June 10, 2013

Hello,

I would like to know how these points should be resolved when setting up Jira On Demand:

• Migrating DB from Bugzilla
  • Creating users LDAP autoentication
  • Integreating with Zendesk
  • Integrating with Perforce
  • Integrationg with Confluence (internal setup)
  • Performance difference comparing to Jira Internal setup
  • Does Jira on Demand have appropriate amount of available plugins as Jira Internal has?

Your answers will help me to understand advantages/disadvantages of JIRA On Demand vs JIRA Internal setup.

Thanks in advance,
Hakob

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ivan Maduro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 10, 2013

Hi Hakob,

OnDemand has a number of limitations which can be found in the OnDemand Restricted Functions. You can see full descriptions on that page but I will give you a quick overview for your questions.:

• Migrating DB from Bugzilla

Unfortunately, you cannot directly import to OnDemand. The Bugzilla importer is only availble for Download. as a workaround you can import all your issues into a local JIRA, then migrate from JIRA download to JIRA OnDemand. Or use a CSV export to import to JIRA OnDemand directly.

• Creating users LDAP authentication

LDAP integration is currently not possible in OnDemand. For SSO purposes we only support Google Apps integration

• Integrating with Zendesk

This is possible! JIRA OnDemand comes bundled with the Zendesk connector, this page has relevant instructions for Cloud connectors.

• Integrating with Perforce

At the moment JIRA OnDemand only integrates with Bitbucket and Github at the moment.

• Integrating with Confluence (internal setup)

It is possible via Application links to connect your local Confluence installation with OnDemand. See This Documentation for full instructions how to do this.l

• Performance difference comparing to Jira Internal setup

Difference is mostly based on where you are located. Our current OnDemand datacenters are located in the US. If you are connecting from outside it may be a bit slower. We do make sure to provide consistent smooth performace of the system itself.

• Does Jira on Demand have appropriate amount of available plugins as Jira Internal has?

JIRA OnDemand comes with this bundled set of add-ons, it's currently not possible to install your own add-ons in OnDemand. However we are working on allowing customers to run their own add-ons in OnDemand via Atlassian Connect.

The biggest advantage OnDemand has is that you do not have to manage your own installation, and OnDemand is updated frequently with new versions and new features, so you will always be up to date. However if you need a lot of customisation and integration with LDAP, using JIRA Download may be the best for you.

If you want a fully customisable JIRA instance, you can contact on of the Experts who also offer hosting services.

Cheers,

Ivan.

Hakob Simonyan June 10, 2013

Hi Ivan,

Thank you for your detailed notes.

Regards,

Hakob

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2013

You might want to look at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Restricted+Functions+in+Atlassian+OnDemand to get started on many of those answers. It's the one we all point at when someone asks about plugins for OnDemand, but I think it'll answer all of yours if you follow some of the links in there (although, I'm not sure about LDAP)

Suggest an answer