JIRA OnDemand, "project already exists"

Philip Ip August 26, 2014

Hi, i tried to create a project called "QA Team", with key QAT, it said "error, please check with JIRA admin" I am the jira administrator.

when i tried to create the project again, it said "project name already exists", but i don't see it in the list of projects.

Is it possible to reset the name and key so that i may be able to use it?

Thank you

-Philip

3 answers

2 votes
Chag
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2014

the project does not show up at all? check under project list or go to jira admin > projects and see if it shows there and edit the project. In there you can change the key.

Michael Ramos de Almeida August 15, 2018

Thank you for your answer, it has helped me a lot!

1 vote
Philip Ip August 26, 2014

it doesn't show up under Projects -> View All Projects

but it does show up under JIRA ADMIN -> Projects

how do i get it to show up under projects -> View all Projects

Mina Gray October 1, 2020

In my 4-5 years of working with JIRA, I never knew this. Wow. Thanks for this tip, it solved my problem!

0 votes
Chag
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2014

under jira admin > project slect the project you want and click administration. Go under permissions and and check the permissions for "brose projects" you can change to or add jira-users

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2014

Yup, sounds like you don't have access to the projects.

Remember Admin rights give you access to admin functions, not everything automatically (because that's a terrible access model), so if you want to see a project as a user, you need to make sure you give yourself permissions

Suggest an answer