JIRA OnDemand latency

Puiu Hrenciuc September 8, 2013

Hello,

I am in the trial period of JIRA OnDemand. The product is great, however there is a great latency accessing Jira (or whatever Atlassian site). Doing a traceroute I saw that JIRA OnDemand is hosted in US so the PING latency quadruples while "jumping" from DE to US. The latency is present no matter what ISP I use (tried three different providers). Loading a page takes 6-7s which makes the overall site navigation rather a poor experience.

Does JIRA OnDemand have a hosting option in Europe? Are there any ways to improve site loading performance?

Thanks,

Puiu

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2013

I believe that there is really nothing you can do about that. Either Atlassian has a hosting on Europe or you're better off hosting JIRA on your own.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2013

Or changing to another hosting company, one that is based in Europe or even Germany. Most of them will be happy to tell you where their servers are, and hence you could pick one with a better connection (I wouldn't be too hung up on the exact distance though. Europe to the US is a significant jump, but just moving to anywhere in Europe would be good enough for you)

Have a look at https://www.atlassian.com/resources/experts and play with the filters.

1 vote
Cyril Hamidechi May 12, 2014

+1

We intensively use Jira and Confluence on-demand, we really enjoy it.

We will sooner also use Stash and maybe Bamboo.

Please speed up your pages delivery (Europe hosting or whatever, actually there is a lot of technical options).

Constantly waiting 3-4 seconds for each page (and all ajax-refill onload) is very painful...

Thanks in advance for your swift support and thanks for your amazing products, it really rocks.

Best regards,

Cyril

Suggest an answer