JIRA OnDemand and CLI...

Robert Rogerson December 17, 2013

Hello, we are currently using JIRA v6.2-OD-05-4. We purchased a license for CLI in the last two weeks.

What I am using the CLI for is to update a JIRA issue with the related software objects that have been promoted to production to fix/enhance the JIRA issue. I have done this using the CLI in two ways,
jira --action addComment --issue "${ISSUE}" --comment "${COMMENTS}."') or
jira --action setFieldValue --issue "${ISSUE}" --field "Promoted Objects" --values "${COMMENTS}." --appendText.

Both have successfully updated the JIRA issue (on my tests).

Last night it was pointed out to me that the CLI is not available for OnDemand as stated on the JIRA page (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/org.swift.jira.cli).
Can you explain this?
Am I putting my OnDemand licence in jeopardy?
The CLI license?
Should I not be updating OnDemand issues with the CLI.

Thanks,

Robert Rogerson

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2013

This is a reported Atlassian Marketplace bug (AMKT-6291). It should not be showing the incorrect message. The CLI (JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo) is supported against OnDemand instances and I use it daily against my own instance! JIRA Command Line Interface and other CLI client pages documents the support as well.

Robert Rogerson December 18, 2013

I'm glas to hear you use your own software. That's as good an endorsement as the President of Hair Club for Men.

Thanks for the quick response.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2013

Why would you be putting your OnDemand license in jeopardy? CLI is just another client talking to JIRA.

Suggest an answer