JIRA - OnDemand - Set all the sub tasks to close if the parent task in set to close

Raghavendra Maram September 1, 2014

I have one issue with issue type Task (Parent issue) and two issues with issue type Sub-tasks (Child issue 1, Child issue 2). So, If the Parent issue is set to close I wanted all the sub tasks under the parent to be automatically get closed.

1 answer

0 votes
Jaime S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 1, 2014

Hi, Raghavendra.

You may be able to do this with post functions: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Advanced+workflow+configuration#Advancedworkflowconfiguration-postfunctions. I know the 'JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions' add-on allows you to transition the parent issue if the subtask carries out transitions, but I couldn't find the other way around, which is what you're looking for.

You may also want to check the JIRA Suite Utilities add-on. They are both free and pre-installed in OnDemand (you just have to enable them).

If you can't find it, I can look for improvement requests asking for this functionality, here: jira.atlassian.com, or even create your own.

I hope it was helpful.

Suggest an answer