JIRA On Demand, new User Management: where is the "project access matrix"?

Henrik Melchander February 17, 2014

In JIRA On Demand there has recently been added a new User Management section.

Previously I could navigate to Administration -> User Management, search for a user, and then click the "Roles" link (that is what I think it was called). That would take me to a "project access matrix" where it was easy to see which projects were accesible for a specific user.

So two questions:

• Is it possible to find this matrix in the new User Management section?
  • ...if not, how can I easily check which projects are available to a user?

Thanks,

Henrik

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 19, 2014

Hi Henrik,

This feature is marked as an Improvement of the new User Management on this issue https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/UNIFIED-18Feel free to vote and watch to be kept updated.

I haven't found a way to check all the projects available to a user at once. Using the Permission Helper ('gg' + Permission Helper) may be of use but you'll have to go one project at a time.

Regards,
Mauro

Henrik Melchander February 19, 2014

Hello Mauro,

thanks for your reply.

I am quite disappointed that new User Management has been rolled out without including this functionality. It makes admin more difficult.

Still, thanks for adding the link to the issue; I have voted.

-- Henrik

Allan Lauridsen February 24, 2014

This is just plain stupid to remove such a great feature without having a decent work-aorund!

SeanM March 1, 2014

Mauro -

Thanks for the comment, but I'd like to point out the attitude implied by the wording "This feature is marked as an Improvement of the new User Management on this issue". It is not an improvement. It is an existing feature that has been removed. What is happening here is not a number of users asking for a new feature, asking that you add something. It is a request that we continue to have something that was essential, that you not cripple to program.

- Sean

Suggest an answer