JIRA - Notifications: Subject Template

Colleen McIntyre May 25, 2017

I know there is no way to edit the subject line in Jira as it stands today. Are there any workarounds to this? Add on's that allow you to edit the Subject for notifications? Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 25, 2017

Hi Colleen,

I would starte by reviewing the Customizing email content knowledge base.  In the JIRA_INSTALL/WEB-INF/classes/templates/email/subject folder you will find the velocity templates for the subjects in JIRA. These are the templates used to generate the subject of the emails. The templates are named after the event that will trigger the email. Using that in conjunction with the Velocity documentation you should be able to achieve your goals.

In addition you may also want to try the Outgoing Email Template Editor for JIRA by AtlaZon. This is a server only add-on but it provides a GUI interface to the velociy templates.

JIRA templates and JSPs

Velocity Context for Email Templates

Velocity Users Guide

Cheers!

Branden

Colleen McIntyre May 25, 2017

Thanks, will the add-on allow me to add a custom field in the subject line to pull 'center' from the ticket? 

Suggest an answer