JIRA Notification Center

MarkW July 9, 2012

Is there a good way to roll up notifications to a panel or area within JIRA? Or is there a plugin available? I have not been able to find what I am looking for.

Use case: We expect a lot of our users to live in JIRA on a day to day basis. Outside of email, there isn't really a good way of notifying a user of an update within the tool. I would like to roll their notifications into a notification center of sorts.

Has anyone done this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jacques
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2012

The only thing I have found is that you can create a filter and dashboard gadget where you show the changes since last login and were the current user is the assignee:

updated > lastlogin() and assignee = currentUser() ORDER BY updated DESC, key DESC

I know it's not exactly what you're looking for, but until then this might be helpful.

MarkW July 17, 2012

I think this will be what I need. I was not able to find anything else similar to what I was requesting. The downside is that JIRA keeps me logged in, so it wouldn't be listing exactly what was changed since my last login for example was 3am today. But thanks for the filter.

Like Arthur Marie likes this

Suggest an answer