JIRA Multiselect

Hi All,

I am developing an online application, which has a requirement for a text field that searches for existing items that match the text input (like a select box) however allow a "new" field if there are no matching results.

An example of what I am after is throughout JIRA - image included below - clicking the New Component choice will allow the newly typed item to stay in the select and be used as the value of the input field:

JIRA-Select.jpg

I am after some direction on how this has been implemented in JIRA. I have tried to implement this myself, and have also scoured the web for a plugin that is remotely similar, and am still having no luck.

The closest I get is a select box that searches as I type, but I am not able to add the newly typed item.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks,

Nathan

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

The closest I can think of is a label field. However there might be a restriction that kills this. You can't add labels separated by blanks - if you enter 'Design Request' you would have two labels 'Design' and 'Request' . See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA062/Labeling+an+Issue

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

137 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you