JIRA Missing Source and Review Tabs (Crucible/FishEye Integration)

Shelli January 29, 2013

Hi,

I am trying to figure out how to set up a review in Crucible from JIRA. We have JIRA 4.4.5 and FishEye/Crucible 2.8.1 installed on our own servers.

I found this page https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHKB/Source+tab+does+not+appear+on+View+Issue+or+Browse+Project+page+in+JIRA and believe all is set up correctly based on it, but I could be wrong.

1. FishEye plugin installed correctly

When I view my JIRA Plugins page and I view the System Plugins, I see this for FishEye:

<dl><dt> Plugin key:</dt><dd>com.atlassian.jirafisheyeplugin</dd><dt> Developer:</dt><dd>Atlassian Software Systems</dd><dt> Plugin version:</dt><dd>3.4.6</dd><dd></dd></dl>

2. View Version Control Permission:

My user belongs to the built in "jira-administrators" group as well as a custom made "Crucible-Users" group. Both these groups have "View Version Control" permission.

3. Application Links

I have set up application links between JIRA and Crucible/FishEye and have confirmed that the link exists in both Administration pages. We use JIRA to authenticate our users when logging into Crucible/FishEye, so I believe they are set up correctly.

Is there another step that I haven't been able to find documentation on that needs to be done to get the Source and Review tabs showing in my JIRA issues? Perhaps relating a project with a repository?

Thanks!

EDIT

I have found this page in the JIRA 4.4 documentation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA044/Integrating+JIRA+with+FishEye

However, the configuration steps it details do not match the FishEye plugin page. For example, the 'Edit Primary Configuration' button does not exist on my screen. Perhaps someone can point me to the correct documentation?

3 answers

0 votes
appnexus August 5, 2014

Shelli, Did you ever resolve you're issue?

Shelli August 5, 2014

Unfortunately, no.

0 votes
Gurleen Anand [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 31, 2013

Hi Shelli,

Sorry to know that you are still experiencing problems with your JIRA Fisheye integration. I'd suggest contacting Atlassian Support on https://support.atlassian.com as we might have to review your logs and setup for further troubleshooting. Moving this discussion to our Support site will help keep all shared information private between yourself and Atlassian.

We might also suggest a screen share session for faster resolution, if the logs do not indicate the underlying cause.

To generate debug logs in Fisheye, please follow the steps below:

1. Go to Administration > Global Settings > Server > Debug Logging and Turn Debug Logging "ON" in Fisheye.
2. Reproduce the problem.
3. Generate a Support Zip, via the Administration Menu, as per this guide:
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHEYE/Contacting+Support#ContactingSupport-supportutility

Also helpful will be your JIRA logs: https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=16121981

Thanks,
Gurleen
Shelli January 31, 2013

Hi, we are in the process of getting approval to renew our licenses at which time we will be upgrading to the latest versions of the apps. Hopefully after that this issue will be resolved. However, I wouldn't know how to reproduce the problem as per your step 2.

0 votes
Gurleen Anand [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 30, 2013

Hi Shelli,

Unfortunately the docs don't appear to be up to date. Yes, you will need to configure entity links between a JIRA project and Fisheye repository, as well as a JIRA project and Crucible project. To do this:

1. Navigate to the FishEye administration screens.
  2. Click Repositories in the left-hand menu under 'Repository Settings'.
  3. The 'Repositories' screen will appear. Click the cog icon next to your repository and select Application Links from the dropdown menu.
  4. Click Add Link and select your JIRA server from the dropdown menu.
  5. Keep the default selection and click Create. Your FishEye repository is now linked to your JIRA project.
Shelli January 30, 2013

I followed the steps and am still having issues. This is my current set up:

In JIRA....

- Application link set up between JIRA and Crucible/FishEye with incoming and outgoing authentication set to "Trusted Applications". I had added IP and URL patterns as the above linked page suggested, but it did not appear to do anything so have removed them.

- FishEye plugin installed by default. Global configuration is default. Under FishEye/Crucible Entity Mappings none are listed. Set "Enable Crucible Integration" to "Yes" (from default "Standalone"). Not sure what this should be.

- In the admistration page for the JIRA project I want to link to FishEye/Crucible, I clicked "Configure Project Links" and associated it with both the Crucible project and the FishEye repository.

In Crucible/FishEye....

- Added application link from repository to JIRA project (as detailed in your answer)

- Added application link from Crucible project to JIRA project

I don't know what else could be needed to be set up, but when I view issues in the JIRA project, I do not see a Review or Source tab.

Suggest an answer