JIRA Misc Workflows - Any examples for Field->Groovy expression?

Darryl Lee May 23, 2014

Hey, so let's assume I don't really know how to write Groovy. But I looked at some sample scripts, and in trying to set a couple of User Picker fields (multiple users) based on what is in a Select field (Major or Minor), I naively tried this:

def severity = issue.get("customfield_10551").getValue() 

if (severity == "Major") {
   return 'dlprodalert' 
} else {
   return 'prodalertminor'
}

And I got slapped with this error:

2014-05-23 16:47:15,054 http-bio-8080-exec-193 WARN darryll 1007x6062x1 fk8wyq 69.53.237.72,10.200.150.205 /secure/QuickCreateIssue.jspa [jmwe.plugins.functions.SetFieldValueFunction] Error while executing SetFieldValueFunction: groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: java.lang.String.getValue() is applicable for argument types: () values: []
Possible solutions: getClass(), getAt(groovy.lang.IntRange), getAt(java.util.Collection), getAt(java.util.Collection), getAt(groovy.lang.Range), getAt(groovy.lang.Range)
groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: java.lang.String.getValue() is applicable for argument types: () values: []
Possible solutions: getClass(), getAt(groovy.lang.IntRange), getAt(java.util.Collection), getAt(java.util.Collection), getAt(groovy.lang.Range), getAt(groovy.lang.Range)

This (and the many other questions in this forum) could probably be avoided if the documentation offered a few examples of writing Groovy expressions.

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2014

Hey Derryl,

try to use the following code :

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor;
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.CustomFieldManager;
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue;
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CustomField;
CustomFieldManager customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager();
CustomField severityCF = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName("YOUR_CF_NAME_SEVERITY");
String severity = issue.getCustomFieldValue(severityCF)!=null?issue.getCustomFieldValue(severityCF).toString():"";
if("Major".equalsIgnoreCase(severity)){
	return "dlprodalert";
}
return "prodalertminor";

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2014

Please, change YOUR_CF_NAME_SEVERITY with your custom field name.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Darryl Lee May 29, 2014

Hey Fabio -- thank you for the example. Unfortunately I'm still getting an error:

/secure/QuickCreateIssue.jspa [jmwe.plugins.functions.SetFieldValueFunction] Error while executing SetFieldValueFunction: groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: com.innovalog.jmwe.IssueProxy.getCustomFieldValue() is applicable for argument types: (com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CustomFieldImpl) values: [Severity]

I tested the script using Script Runner's console, and it worked like a charm:

// Added for testing in Script Runner Console
import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager;
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.IssueManager;
IssueManager issueManager = ComponentManager.getInstance().getIssueManager();
Issue issue = issueManager.getIssueObject( "INC-996" );

CustomFieldManager customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager();

CustomField severityCF = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName( "Severity" );
String severity = issue.getCustomFieldValue(severityCF)!=null?issue.getCustomFieldValue(severityCF).toString():"";

return "dlprodalert";
}
return "prodalertminor";

I've tried various tweaks, but I just can't make any progress. Thanks again.

Darryl Lee May 29, 2014

Hey Fabio -- thank you for the example. Unfortunately I'm still getting an error:

/secure/QuickCreateIssue.jspa [jmwe.plugins.functions.SetFieldValueFunction] Error while executing SetFieldValueFunction: groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: com.innovalog.jmwe.IssueProxy.getCustomFieldValue() is applicable for argument types: (com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CustomFieldImpl) values: [Severity]

I tested the script using Script Runner's console, and it worked like a charm:

// Added for testing in Script Runner Console
import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager;
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.IssueManager;
IssueManager issueManager = ComponentManager.getInstance().getIssueManager();
Issue issue = issueManager.getIssueObject( "INC-996" );

CustomField severityCF = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName( "Severity" );

return "dlprodalert";
}
return "prodalertminor";

Thanks again!

Darryl Lee May 29, 2014

I was thinking maybe the script doesn't think Severity is set yet. Is this because I'm trying to do this as a Post Function on Create? I've set these Post Functions to run last, well after "Creates the issue originally." and "Fire a ProdAlert Created event that can be processed by the listeners."

Is the problem that this Post Function can't figure out the severity of the current issue after Create?

"The value of field ProdAlert Notification List of the current issue will be set to the result of a Groovy expression (replacing existing values)"

Suggest an answer