JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions

John Bayne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2014

Looking at working in the Agile view in Jira I see the need to prompt the user to complete key fields.

Will the extensions provided here satisfy this requirement by displaying a pop-up.

E.g. In the Agile work view, when an issue is drag & dropped from In Progress to done I'd like to ensure that, say, the Resolution field is complete amongs others.

Just want to be sure as there is an additional cost :-(

John

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Bayne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2014

I didn't think that the Agile Simplified Workflow supported transition screens?

0 votes
John Bayne
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 20, 2014

This works very well in the standard Jira workflow transitions with a suitable error message displayed under the field when a transition is attempted.

I modified the Agile Simplified Worikflow transitions (not advised) to enable them. An error message is displayed but not a pop-up to capture the required data - which would be ideal.

Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 20, 2014

You need to add a transition screen to the workflow transition.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 20, 2014

That should be possible to achieve using the add on that you mentioned.

Suggest an answer