JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions usage question: how to implement "If the From Status = 'Verified', increase a custom field by 1"

David Xu November 26, 2014

JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions usage question: how to implement "If the From Status = 'Verified', increase a custom field by 1" using JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions?

1 answer

0 votes
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2015

The "increase value" post-function doesn't allow a condition. Since you're looking for a "From Status" condition, I assume you're talking about a global transition to a specific status. Here's what I would try:

• Make your global transition with a "Previous Status Condition != Verified"
  • Make a transition from Verified to your other status and a post function that does your +1 thing

This way, when you're in Verified status, you wouldn't have access to the global transition, only to the local transition that increments your custom field. In other statuses, you will have the global transition that doesn't increment your field.

Cheers.

Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2015

Oh wow, question is from 2014. Better late than never I guess...

Suggest an answer