JIRA Misc Custom Fields - how tu sum Values and put total in numeric column

Zawistowski Grzegorz October 4, 2015

How Could I sum in Misc plugin - numeric field, and how could I get total field in all columns with numeric values. If any field has got column numeric i would return total under the column field with numeric values.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2015
Zawistowski Grzegorz October 5, 2015

But I cant find out formula to done it.

And You don't know any Post Function tu sum the Values in the same issues?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2015

Yes, but as I've said before, I've always used the Script Runner to do it. And I know what I'm aiming for - a field on the same issue, read-only, or writable, or a field elsewhere.

Yes, but script Runer is very Expensive. It's to expensive to sum two or more fields on workflow.

I think the Jira has got the sum field in workflow on the box ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2015

No. It does not. That's why I've said you need to find/write something. Please answer the question you've been asked 15 times now: where are you wanting the result to appear? We can't really help you without an answer to that, because there's lots of possibilities.

I want they apear under the column first of all, and secand of all in the row which are the suming field. On column as a total of filtered project, and in rows only the sum two fields.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2015

That tells us absolutely nothing of any use. What column? What row? Where?

On Issues nawigator when the project shown in List View: https://www.google.pl/search?q=issues+navigator+list+View&biw=1523&bih=657&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMI4d6A_aSryAIV5phyCh30DgMs#imgrc=U5oVHdtj91ZrsM%3A Like to I wont sum Story Point, and Global Rank in column. And secound option on suming add a story point with Global Rank by Issue. So in this link add 3 to 1922 and in another field shown 1925.

First column should suming Story Point, and secound column should sum Global Rank and in new row it should have total.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2015

Right. Issue navigator columns are issue fields, so you do need to create an issue field (there are ways to do columns without issue fields, but it's ugly, complex and simply not necessary in 99.99% of cases) The next question, as asked before is "what behaviour?". Is this a field that should be displayed, but the users cannot edit it? Or should it be calculated at some point in the workflow and the users allowed to change it later?

They both should be only read only. Like the result in multiplication table.

Only sum in colums and add one row under all list column called total, and sum same fields in rows.

In row it could be issue field, because in second on third interaction this field could be us.

use.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2015

I'm not sure what you're getting at in those comments, but you did start with "read only" The best way to do that is with a scripted field. Sumit's answer and the others you've been given already cover that - install a scripting add-on and use it. I think Sumit gave you the code for it already on one of your duplicate questions.

But which addon. How to instal Scripted field ? I instal 4 addons, and don't see any ofsuming field in post function.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2015

Please, read the answers to the other questions you've asked.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2015

And the answer to this one too. You've already been told you do not need a post function, you want a scripted field.

Because You told that: "The best way to do that is with a scripted field" in last answer. I done in a rows suming by a MISC field :) Now please help how to do total under each numer column.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2015

The issue navigator doesn't support summing columns

There is one solution, but there isn't functionality to Export sum: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.cps.sumUp#reviews And it's commercial.

0 votes
Sumit Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2015

Please have a look at https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.jiraworkcalendar.ujg .. this might have something you can use.

Also my answer is not related to MISC Plugin but I was just reading above gadget so though of sharing it.

Thanks,

Sumit

Sumit Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2015

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.cps.sumUp this is also something which can help you and suggested to me by someone in forum. Thanks, Sumit

Grisza8888 October 4, 2015

But how there put a sum field from all issues, or total in numeric field ?

Zawistowski Grzegorz October 4, 2015

Uniwersal Gadhet sum only time for users, And I want to sum Issues numeric field and give total.

Suggest an answer