JIRA Misc Custom Fields: CalculatedDateField repeating error

RE: JIRA Misc Custom Fields

Hi, the following error is spamming our JIRA logs:

2015-06-19 15:29:04,099 http-bio-8080-exec-1213 WARN alarmobot 929x3011493x6 7ejbgb 10.47.4.36,10.131.64.36 /rest/api/2/search [innovalog.jmcf.fields.CalculatedDateField] CalculatedDateField: could not find formula in custom field description

What is the best way to resolve this problem?

1 answer

This is caused by a Calculated Date/Time custom field, whose formula cannot be found in the field description, at least not in the expected way.

You should review your Calculated date/time fields to find the one that is incorrectly configured.

Also, if the bottom of the "Custom fields" page looks odd, with the last custom field missing some action links, it is likely that you did not close an html comment in the description for that field.

I encounter that issue. 

How can I remove that bottom custom field from JIRA now? 

Thanks!

The easiest is to look inside your JIRA logfile (atlassian-jira.log) for an ERROR related to com.innovalog.jmcf. The error will include a sentence similar to "Navigate to the following URL to edit the formula" followed by a URL. Use this URL to go directly to the edit screen of the calculated custom field that is improperly configured.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,770 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot