JIRA Mandatory fields

mel vega September 24, 2015

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to remove the * next to the fileds automatically created in JIRA and taht are mandatory as the Summary, the Project, the issue type etc?

I know that they are mandatory and it's fine but I don't want to see the * on the screen when i create an issue.

Thanks

melissa

2 answers

1 vote
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2015

You'd have to modify the source code. Besides, you may know they are mandatory, but other users may not. It is a standard convention used everywhere.  Interesting, other people are upset because the jira-suite-utilities plugin doesn't flag required fields during transition.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2015

Totally agree. You can also hide the * with a javascript but it may not be a good idea.

0 votes
mel vega September 24, 2015

Thanks for your prompt answer. It's not that i'm upset 😉 but actually my client asked me to remove the * as they don't appear on the mandatory fields from JSU plugin !!!and So this is not homogeneous ! and we don' t see that the other ones are mandatory. It's pretty confusing

I understand it's not possible to modify the source code. So would you have a suggestion ? I Know it's a formattîng matter.

Thanks

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2015

I understand the confusion, but I normally only put fields on the transition that are required except for the comment field. If you do that it is easy to train folks to fill out all the fields on transition screens. Tell them COTS products require compromises.

Suggest an answer