JIRA Login Issue

Rohini S Patel October 26, 2017

Hi,

We are frequently facing issue in the JIRA login, it gives error that username and password is not correct. I happens randomly not for all the users.

We are not able to find any errors in the logs and users will be able to login within a few minutes. Sometimes we do reset password and clearing the DNS cache for temporary solution.

Could you please suggest on this.

3 answers

1 vote
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2017

There can be many things which is causing this.

Can you please provide us more details how the users are configured. 

Do they come from LDAP or are internal ?

Are you sure you do not see any related error ? Which logs are you referring ? Did you check the application logs in home directory ?

Do you have an SSO configured ?

I had faced a similar issue after configuring an SSO for our Atlassian tools where clearing the DNS cache solved the issue. I can understand the pain.

0 votes
Gregor Kasmann_Actonic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2017

The LDAP directory may be so large that JIRA applications fail to find the user before the timeout.

Increase the value of Read Timeout.

More details: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver070/connecting-to-an-ldap-directory-749382818.html

0 votes
Rohini S Patel October 26, 2017

Authentication is done by LDAP.

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 26, 2017

How big is your LDAP ? Is it a forest ?

How many users you have ?

It might be possible that the issue is due to a timeout as @Gregor Kasmann_Actonic mentioned

Additionally, you can try using global catalog or disable follow referral

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/some-users-are-unable-to-login-due-to-active-directory-follow-referrals-configuration-648217037.html

Suggest an answer