JIRA Local with Crowd did not import users into On Demand

James Ford December 23, 2012

When I was importing my local JIRA export I was given an error saying that their was an active crowd server, searching online I found a helpful article explaining that the on demand instance uses crowd so you cannot import a entities.xml file with an active external directory for user management and it recommended changing the active status from 1 to 0. This seemed to work and all issues, attachments, and logos were imported, however not all of the users made it over. I'm assuming because it only grabbed the users in the local JIRA internal directory which differed from my previous remote crowd directory. So my question is how to I get my crowd users migrated over to the on-demand instance?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 23, 2012

Hi James,

I suspect that you're right about the only users being transferred across being those stored in the internal directory, as this would be expected behaviour. However, if you perform a .CSV export of your Crowd data and open a ticket with Support under the OnDemand project then one of my colleaues will be happy to import your Crowd data from your local instance into the one bundled with your OnDemand instance.

All the best,
John

James Ford December 23, 2012

Is there no way to export from crowd and import into on demand preserving the users existing password? I cannot find any way to create a csv file with the users password from crowd. I can retrieve a crowd backup xml which contains the hashed credential. Can this be used to recreate the user account?

0 votes
Matt Doar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2013

Suggest an answer