JIRA + LDAP: Import Groups from Apple Open Directory

Johannes Vietze June 19, 2013

I cannot get the groups from the LDAP Server to show up in JIRA, as Apple Open Directory doesn't have an user membership attribute "memberOf". Instead, all groups have a group membership attribute containing all user IDs, which is called memberUid.

When I test the connection, I get this error message: http://i.snag.gy/qvSnA.jpg

I've already tried "Apple Open Directory (Read-Only)" as server type, instead of the "OpenLDAP (Read-Only Posix Schema)(Read Only)" shown in the screenshot.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Johannes Vietze June 20, 2013

You are correct, Apple Open Directory uses "memberUid" for groups instead of "memberOf" for users.

The solution was to add "cn=groups" to the "Additional Group DN" field and "cn=users" to the "Additional User DN" field.

0 votes
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 19, 2013

I take a quick look, and seems like Apple Open Directory (Read-Only) is using memberUid on JIRA LDAP configuration. You can check this under the Membership Schema Settings. Could you try to quickly create a new LDAP configuration and see?

Suggest an answer