JIRA Issue calendar not displaying issues

Liz Bedwell September 26, 2017

Hi,

Is anyone else having issues with the Jira Issue Calendar Macro/Gadget?

All of a sudden it has stopped displaying issues.

I have removed the Macro from the page, tried a different project and a different space. But nothing appears to be working.

::Edit:: After trying it again on a fresh page with a new filter I am getting inconsistent error messages. When using a filter that I just set up myself and set to be open to all users the gadget is now telling me that the the filter does not exist or I do not have permission to view it.

Then when I go back into edit the page after saving the macro then displays the error message: 'Macro no longer found'.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Using: JIRA and Confluence Cloud

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2017

Have you (or your JIRA/Confluence admin) recently had to reconnect the JIRA and Confluence applications? When that happens, you usually have to "authenticate" the connection between the two applications before data can flow freely between both applications.

This has not had to happen recently (to my knowledge) looking at the application link configuration page it all appears to be working.

I can still pull in JIRA tasks on the other Macros so for example I can pull in and view a list of Epics saved in a filter.

Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2017

Hmm. Is the Calendar macro/gadget provided to your instance through an add-on? If yes, is the license still good on that add-on?

It is the one authored by Atlassian and comes pre-installed with Cloud.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.jira.ext.calendar/cloud/overview

Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 26, 2017

Cool. Is the issue happening in Confluence, JIRA, or both?

I don't think that add-on works for Confluence - Atlassian has another add-on for Confluence called Team Calendars. Is this what you're using on Confluence, or are you trying to embed a Calendar into Confluence some other way?

It is only happening on Confluence. The Macro embeds the JIRA gadget onto the Confluence page, it was working last week, and then when a team member came to view the page realised that it was no longer pulling in any data.

We are not currently using Team Calendars, it is on the wishlist, but would have to go through the approval process we have. (I would ideally be using Team Cal as it is so much more powerful!) :)

For now I have a workaround by embedding the JIRA Wallboard that has just the Issue Calendar gadget on it into the Confluence page via the iFrame Macro.

Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 26, 2017

Ah, okay, gotcha. It sounds like it might be an issue with the gadget not wanting to render correctly in the iFrame, then. If the gadget appears correctly in JIRA, then my guess is that it's a problem with the iFrame.

Did you recently upgrade the JIRA Calendar add-on to a newer version, or upgrade JIRA or Confluence?

Regardless, I might suggest opening a support request with Atlassian on this one. Sounds like it might be a bug to me.

Liz Bedwell September 27, 2017

Thank you for your help, after asking around it appears that it stopped working the same time the new UI came out for the Cloud version. So it looks like I will need to add a ticket as you suggested.

However it has made testing out Team Calendars a higher priority now for my company, so I'm going to be pushing that. :)

Suggest an answer