JIRA Issue Collector does not activate on web page

Robert Glover June 13, 2014

I have installed the JIRA Issue Collector javascript (jquery) code per the instructions. I've verified via Chrome's dev tools that it's loading and receiving the giant blob of minified .js code from the ajax call. It shows a 200 OK response in the status.

I created a myCustomTrigger element (id) per the instructions, yet when I click on that element, nothing ever happens.

Prior to this, tried installing the regular HTML (straight javascript) version. It appeared to run the same (though it returned a 304 status). No new element ever appeared on the page at all.

I'm completely confused as to why nothing is working. Near as I can tell, the window.ATL_JQ_PAGE_PROPS never gets created for the click event to be registered. I'm very experienced with HTML and jQuery, but I've run out of ideas. Thanks for your help.

2 answers

0 votes
Robert Glover June 23, 2014

We fixed ours; additional searching revealed that the URL is malformed. Search the URL string for "country" and you'll notice that the parmeters are both using question marks. Only the first should have a question mark; the second should be an ampersand... for example: something.com/?this=1?that=2 should be something.com/?this=1&that=2

0 votes
Raoul Kaiser June 23, 2014

I am having the exact same issue.

Suggest an answer