JIRA Issue Collector Oops Something went wrong Error Message

Stephen Gurnick
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2014

I am running JIRA 5.1 and Confluence 4.3.3. I have five different Issue Collectors accessed within Confluence - four of which are working as expected while one is experiencing problems. 

The problem:

1. A user clicks on the button to launch the issue collector in Confluence - screen appears to enter issue details
  2. All mandatory fields are populated, including some optional fields
  3. When finished the user clicks the submit button
  4. Intermittently we receive the Oops! Something went wrong... error message and the issue is not created in JIRA

The Error message says the problem was logged, but when I look in atlassian-jira.log and catalina.out nothing related to this was logged. I've also tried looking into logs on the Confluence side, but nothing there either.

If the same user (or a different user) goes back to reproduce the error moments later, following the same steps, the Issue Collector will create the issue and it can be seen in JIRA.

I've attempted to reference this Knowledge Base article regarding the Issue Collector Oops message, but since nothing is logged, I have no way to tell if I fall into these scenarios.

I also tried various combinations of entering data into the Issue Collector's fields, but this doesn't seem to matter - still intermittent.

Something else of note: even when issues are created successfully, the Issue Collector admin view from within JIRA shows no activity (i.e. no tickets created within the past 30 days) - this is not true.

Any guidance and assistance on this problem is much appreciated.

Thank you.

2 answers

0 votes
Ting _Chiou Ting Teh_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 13, 2016

There is a known issue where Issue Collector displays 'Oops! Something went wrong...' if the user's session times out https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-38394

0 votes
Jeff Thurston - x1511 October 26, 2015

We are having the same issue with JIRA issue collectors that are used on our Intranet to allow our general population submit help desk tickets. Any suggestions / guidance would be much appreciated.

Suggest an answer