JIRA Import Error

Kevin Sweeney December 12, 2013

Hello,

I've taken a full JIRA backup from an onDemand instance and am attempting to import that backup into a new OnDemand instance. The zip file is 1.9GB and on the JIRA Import Wizard page I can see my backup file (JIRA-backup-20131209.zip) in each of the four drop down fields available: JIRA Export, Attachments, Avatars, Logos

I've selected the backup file for only the JIRA Export and afgter clicking next the following error appears:

Errors

* This archive doesnt contain any valid JIRA Export file

Any ideas?

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kevin Sweeney December 19, 2013

Thanks Mauro. I opened JST-84016. I learned this is a known issue. Nick was able to split my backup into jira.zip, attachments.zip, and avatars.zip, and I successfully imported the data.

0 votes
Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 13, 2013

Hi Kevin,

It shoud stay zipped, that's right. The other optional fields must remain empty if you are not importing them. Maybe try that first with only the jira file.

Avatars.zip should have the folder avatars with the avatars inside it and the file attachments.zip a folder attachments with the files inside.

If after trying you don't seem to be going anywhere, maybe you'd like to create an issue at support.atlassian.comand we'll be happy to help :)

Cheers

0 votes
Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 13, 2013

Hi Kevin

It looks like you haven't separated the avatars, attachments, etc. Please look at the steps previous to the import that explains how to do so. If it looks like everything is fine, then I would suggest reporting it to support.atlassian.com. The OnDemand Support team can take a look at the files on the webdav directory to find and explanation and help you solve it. :)

Cheers,
Mauro

Kevin Sweeney December 13, 2013

Thanks Mauro. Based on what I'm reading on the previous page the prerequisit for the JIRA import is the import file itself. Compressed copied of attachements or avatar is optional. I will try moving those files to the top level directory as suggested. Thanks

The import file itself (ex. JIRA-backup-20131209.zip) should stay zipped, correct?

Thanks

Suggest an answer