[JIRA] How to make user only able to modify reporter?

lazy January 30, 2013

JIRA version: 4.1.2

For now in JIRA permission schemes, it seems that modify reporter is within edit issue. So if user want to change reporter, must have permission to both edit issue and modify reporter. That means user will be able to change almost any field of the issue.

and is the permission to modify reporter no use if user doesn't have permission to edit issue (or create issue)?

We want some of the users can only change the reporter of issues, without being able to change the rest fields. Is there any way to do that?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2013

Create a workflow transition that takes you back to the same state. The transition should have a screen which only has reporter in it. You can then add workflow condition to limit any user/group/roles for that transition.

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2013

Good idea, the user would only need Browse Project and Modify Reporter permission. Just checked it.

lazy February 4, 2013

Thanks for the solution! It saved a lot effort, I was thinking making a plugin...

So it means i need to add transitions for each step of the current workfolw? can i just use a common transition and apply to all the steps?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 4, 2013

Yes, you will have to add transition for each step. Common transitions have a single destination step and that won't work.

lazy February 4, 2013

OK, thank you.

Like AbyzovaAV likes this

Suggest an answer