JIRA - How to View a List of ALL Labels (not just by project)?

G3 December 3, 2014

Hello,

Is there some way to readily view a list of ALL labels used across all projects in JIRA?

One way this could happen is if the 'Labels' gadget contained an 'all projects' selection.

Any help/thoughts?

7 answers

2 votes
benjamin k July 13, 2017

I know it doesn't help in this case because of the cloud hosted jira but I think it's worth mentioning that it's easy if you have sql access to your server.

mysql>

use jira;

select DISTINCT(LABEL) from label;

0 votes
Nar Kumar C_ - Narva Software
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 21, 2020

Jira does not have this feature by default. However, you can use our add-on:

Label Manager for Jira Cloud

You can view all labels in single place. It also has other label management features like searching, filtering, renaming and deleting.

Give it a try and let us know if you face any issue.

0 votes
Dan September 24, 2018

I ran into this same issue. I moved one project type to another thinking the labels would stay with the tasks but they're gone.

0 votes
Tukaram Bhukya March 16, 2017

Is there any update about this feature?

0 votes
Lars Morten Nygaard September 25, 2016

We are desperate for this feature, any news with regards to resolution?

Ui or API both works, as long as we can get the gross list of labels used across all projects in our JIRA instance.

0 votes
Umer Saeed July 6, 2015

Hi All

We are migrating our cloud instance of JIRA to another cloud instance, and want to re-create all the labels that we have setup. 

So I need an export of all labels too.

Can you help on how I can do this?

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2014

Can you give some more context - why do you need that ? How will you use this information ?

Suggest an answer